Nowadays, professional vehicle assessments are possible only with the use of coating thickness gauges. Users from the motor vehicle industry need these gauges toperform professional damage reports or value appraisals, for leased vehicle recoveries, when purchasing used vehicles and to check and document body and paint work.
The reason is obvious: The value of a vehicle and its recovery value after an accident depend on any possible prior damage. That is why users and their ordering parties want to find out whether bodywork and paint repairs have been performed professionally and correctly. QNix® coating thickness gauges are the tool of choice for this purpose.
Motor vehicle experts, motor vehicle dealers and body repair shops have been successfully using Automation Dr. Nix’s solutions for many decades. Thanks to these many years of experience, the QNix® product range has the right coating thickness gauge for every application: from quick and easy measurement to software-supported documentation for expert assessments.
QNix® IN VEHICLE ASSESSMENT APPLICATIONS
Efficiency is also an important component of vehicle assessment. The overall expenditure is high and depends on how many measurements need to be made for a vehicle and whether they need to be documented.
QNix® coating thickness gauges allow you to make very quick ergonomic measurements even if you need to record several values in a row. You do not need to turn on the devices first. Simply position them, measure and read. For secure and quick documentation, our CarCheck System Plus has helpful automatic functions you can configure in advance.
Detect tin layers
After accident repairs, coating thicknesses of up to 3 mm can be found on a car’s body even if repairs are performed professionally. They can even be 5 mm thick for vintage vehicles. This is generally due to the tin layer used to smooth out surfaces after dent removal. QNix® coating thickness gauges are also available as dual devices. You can use them to determine the overall coating thickness on steel (Fe) and the coating thickness on tin plating (NFe). You can also determine the overall coating thickness for thicker tin applications in the measurement range of up to 5 mm.
Precision and accuracy
To guarantee precise measurement results, you need to calibrate the coating thickness gauges before using them. This adapts them to the properties of the base substrate. During vehicle measurement, this is not possible because there is no uncoated substrate.
QNix® coating measurement gauges have a measurement technology that, combined with the factory calibration stored in the device, guarantees precise and correct measurement results. There is no need to calibrate the devices with a foil for applications in the motor vehicle sector. All you need to do is perform a simple zero adjustment (initialization) of the device to the reference standards supplied with it.
Easy to use
Technical tools are becoming increasingly complicated in order to fulfil specific needs. Coating thickness gauges, in particular, often offer many functions because they are used in a wide variety of sectors and need to cover many requirements.
That is why QNix® coating thickness gauges are not only of high quality and made in Germany but are also fairly easy to use. We meet this requirement by focusing on ease of use, both in terms of quick and simple coating thickness measurement and software-supported documentation of results.
PC-supported documentation software
When creating a value appraisal or damage report or in the event of leased vehicle recoveries, you may need to document coating thickness measurements if their results influence the value of the vehicle. In particular, the relationship of measurement values to certain areas of a vehicle will help you explain the reasons for a decrease in value to third parties, for example.
Our CarCheck System Plus helps you do just that. You can create an order with all the relevant vehicle and customer information, transfer photos to the order and position the measured values you have recorded as you like. All of this information is stored in a database on your computer so you can retrieve it later.
- Large measurement range of 0 to 5000 µm
- Especially well-suited for measurement objects with large surfaces
- No measurement range switching
- Convenient single-hand use
- Saves the last measurement value
- You can switch substrates simply by turning the device 180°
- Polished ruby measuring tip protects paint during measurement
- Optional: Memory and statistics functionalities
- Compact handheld gauge
- 3 mm measurement range, ferrous and non-ferrous
- 5 mm measurement range (ferrous optional)
- Backlit display
- High measurement speeds of up to 120 measurements/minute
- Designs with integrated or cable probe with 5 mm or 3 mm measurement range
- Measurement on ferrous and non-ferrous metals (Fe and NFe)
- Small measuring surface – easy to position on curves as well
CarCheck System Plus
- Premium handheld gauge
- Large measuring surface of up to 5000 µm
- Image- and data-based measurement protocols via database-supported PC usage and handheld gauge for coating thickness measurement
- Records, stores and manages vehicle and customer information related to the measurements
- Creates and manages the component designations used for different vehicle types
- You can place the measurement values on an image of your choice as you please (for instance, the original photo of the measured vehicle)
Automatically places measured values in user-defined grid fields